Nova Southeastern University:
Halmos College of Natural Sciences and Oceanography, Ocean Campus
8000 N. Ocean Drive
Dania Beach, FL 33004
Below is a list of Hotels that have been suggested to us by Nova Southeastern University. Please make your own arrangements as soon as possible to ensure you have a place to stay. Due to the location of the the campus, all hotels will still require the use of a car to travel.
• Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale / Downtown Las Olas, 250 North Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33301, TEL: +1-954-924-2700
• Hollywood Beach Marriott, 2501 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL, 33019, TEL: +1-954-924-2202
• Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort, 1111 N Ocean Dr, Hollywood, FL 33019, TEL: +1-954-874-4444
• Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport, 2500 Stirling Rd, Hollywood, FL 33020, TEL: +1-954-922-0011
• Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, 1900 Stirling Rd, Dania Beach, FL 33004, TEL: +1-954-926-7300
• Sleep Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale International Airport, 1500 SE 5th Ave, Dania Beach, FL 33004, TEL: +1-954-874-1800
Directions & Parking:
• The NSU Ocean Campus is at the end of Mizell-Johnson State Park which is east of the intracoastal Waterway and can only be accessed by a few bridges.
• From Ft. Lauderdale Airport follow signs to Federal Hwy. (also known as US #1) to Dania South on Federal Hwy. (left at 1st traffic light) go about 1 mile make a left onto Dania
Beach Blvd head east to circle (about 1.5 miles) take the 2nd right into Von D. Mizell-Eula Johnson State Park. GHOC Bldg. will be on your left (only 5 story bldg.) it is located about 2.5 miles inside the park just past the U.S. Coast Guard Station.
• At the entrance to the park there will be a guard shack. When you get to the gate, just tell them that you are attending The Florida Straits Conference and they will let you through without paying an admission fee. They will have notification of the conference.
• Please follow the posted speed limits within the park (35 mph then down to 20 mph) as the fines are double for speeding in a state park.
• Once on Campus you can park anywhere and do not need a pass or permit. Look for the tallest building on campus (pictured above)
• Using Uber & Taxi's are recommended for travel to and from the conference. For longer trips, we encourage using a rental car or engaging the services of a personal driver, whichever is most convenient for the client.
• The Conference is "informal" in nature. Business casual attire is recommended: Open collar, short sleeved shirts and slacks are appropriate. No need for a tie, unless
preferred. Uniform Military may prefer "Tropical Dress".
• Internet will be provided free of charge throughout Halmos College of Natural Sciences and Oceanography
Copyright © HUNT PETTY LP. All Rights Reserved